Wednesday 13 January 2010

PENNY GIRL; WOMEN WUD GO FOR ANYTHING

The question thats posed is y are women getting desperate ….the conversation started with most women actually saying any man would do as long as I can be called mrs…? Or at least I know I have a person called my husband…asked a few girls at the office and they believe the desperation comes with age…for those up to the age of 30 theyre making choices after that women know wat they want and wud still go for substitutes…







Penny girl 1






She met a guy was all rosy along the line things became violent…iron across the room chair across the room …next thing 3 years down the line baby across the belly…and then based on the demands of the parents and xtianity she needs to get married..whilst in the shower she comes to me and asks ..






PG1; barefeet do u think im doin the right thing marrying this guy especially with all the madness and tantrums he throws….






Barefeet; erm do u see urself with him in 40 years and I mean happy not just some old nagging witch that curses the day u met him…( Lets remind ourselves PG1 is about 32 yrs old)






PG1; no I don’t cos hes cheating on me now …especially with his ex wife..and his kid he does not make me priority and etc






Barefeet; well uve just answered ur qs






So my question is despite all of these complications and the eminent omen that lay ahead she was goin to push it aside …and still get married 3 months later whilst fightin at London heathrow…






PG1; DV IM NOT GIVING U MY FONE…GO AND BUY UR OWN CREDIT..HE WILL USE ALL MY MINS AND WEN I NEED A TOP UP HE’D TELL ME HE’S BROKE






DV; IM WARNING U OO PG1…U CANT BE EMBARRASING ME OUTSIDE IN PUBLIC LIKE THIS…THIS IS OW SHE WIL BE DOIN AND TELLIN EVERYONE STORIES..ANYWAY 1 NEED £20 TO PAY FOR MY EXCESS LUGGAGE






PG1 ; U MUST BE MAD ME GIVE U £20…DV I DON’T HAVE ANYTHIN TO GIVE U….






Lets cast our minds back this was literally a week before the wedding and they got to Nigeria and never spoke until the day before he went to his parents in abia she went to her parents in festac…only to come together on the day spend thousands of naira and make vows…






My people is it BY FORCE! This brings me to the fact that lots of women are getting desperate cos if u knew and think u have a choice surely u’d make the choice to get out whilst u can…or don’t get married at all…somein else was raised about thinking u can change the man…well im not even goin to acknowledge that…






And lastly another thing was raised about the new generation Penny Girl….as the song by 50 CENT goes “have a baby by me and be a millionaire” they are after the money…so will literally go for anything as long as their future is sorted ,,,anything meaning even sugar daddy….rite its been a while since I visited naija but apparently this new crase has actually caught on to secondary school girls. And guys with Jeeps..lol….and even guys are sayin if u no get cash she no go marry u ….










My theory…I personally believe if a girl has self worth and substance …she will not go for anything…she will have her standards and will not be willing to budge…for myself I was a virgin and waited till I found the rite man then got marries etc…my question is imagine keeping myself thru all that temptation left right and centre…making my choices thru life…and then id settle for less by marryin someone just for sake of the title? Or the cash? Or because im getting dirt on my plate but I plan to clean up the dirt…I don’t think so…I will be marrying cos I think hes worthy of sharing my future and on the flipside I also think hes that good enuff to mess up my future…even if I don’t like it…love isn’t a win and win game…















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it all stems from this social burden to get married. To answer your question, YES O! NA BY FORCE! The judgement unmarried women "of a certain age" receive is what pushes these women into marriages which were loveless even before they began. I mean.. If they can't get through the airport without arguing, how do they expect to get through the rest of their lives? Isn't marriage supposed to edify you as a person? It's all beginning to look like an S & M charade to me... Suffering and smiling... Truly sad.

As for the "bigz gehz" who sacrifice their dignity for men's money, it has to be noted that there is a lot of pressure on women to trade their bodies for the fulfilment of their ambitions- even in the corporate world. Some of these girls do it out of pure materialism but those who feel trapped should not be discounted in this argument.