Tuesday 16 February 2010

my ideal proposal


Tis a sunny day as we prance around @ work
Emails pave our thoughts as pc’s quack
Then a text message telling me to pack
Toothbrush, passport, nothing more than a sack
Even more im not allowed to ask?


With the rhythm of my heart going faster
With my head thirsting for the answers
I do as I am told
Then another text
London heathrow 1900



I hop in a cab
Trying to look fab
Yet calm with a handkerchief to dab
Arrive at the airport in a splash

There he is the reason Im here
All over my face my thoughts are crystal clear
It was like a movie premiere
Dressed in a suit tapered with black silk
Black patent brogues to match
He definitely turned it up a notch


Held my hands his finger over my lips gestured that I shush…
Spun me around and I was blindfolded
Absolutely dumbfounded
I was led away till we got off the plane @ GIBRALTAR AIRPORT
Yes the famous GIBRALTAR
I thought to myself wow I definitely need this holiday!


He planted a kiss on my lips as he left me in the taxi
With wandering eyes I didn’t utter a word
I was driven to a destination unbeknown to me
Arrived at Catalan bay
Where the driver handed me a note
“Head to Caleta palace hotel”
Asked the driver for directions

Upon my arrival I saw the red carpet littered with rose petals
As I was met by a chariot to be whisked away
To the rock of Gibraltar as the next note said
As we halted at the base of the of the rock
Surrounded by the breathtaking sea


Once again with his back to me I saw the Gus he said
“ Take off ur shoes”
I looked around as he held my hand
The sunset
His perfume lingering in the wind
The comfort of his hands
He led me as we walked along the pathway
Till we reached the peak
I took a sneak look at what lay ahead


Table tapered with diamonds
Chair wired with roses
Traditional lanterns all the way from Nigeria
Hot-pounded yam with vegetable soup
Laced with smoked turkey
Lay on the table


We ate we drank we kissed and whilst he offered me
His tongue I felt a chill in my mouth
I withdrew to ask if he had just being to the tattoo parlour
For a piercing?
He ignored me even further
And beckoned for me to come closer
To be met by another kiss yet so passionate
And there it was a metal piece


The thought of it had me feeble kneed
The cool air of the sea
Was all I could feel
And there it was he knelt
Said the words and asked me to be his
And no one else’
There and then I knew
I will be his rock
Stronger and higher than


THE ROCK OF GIBRALTAR!

4 comments:

Barefeet said...

just testing it works myne

leggy said...

finally your comment section works.

Myne said...

Hi Barefeet, I really loved this write-up. I was smiling to the end, though I laughed about the lamps from Nigeria, poundo and vegetable soup, lol. The suspense, the setting, it's just so romantic. It could actually be my fantasy, except my location will be India. Special shout out to Gus, he must be a great guy.

Barefeet said...

@ Myne- lol where do i start im sure u can see or say that poundo is my fav meal lol had to put that in romance my sis is my very being love without romance is like eyes without tears (nothing to disturb the peace it just blinks lol) and erm yeh special shoutout to Gus hes not the romantic type since we met in 3 yrs hes managed to write a line of poetry back to me in response to my gazillion poems to him...his excuse i dont know ow to rhyme the words...and till today he refuses to show me the line of poetry lol...(nt sure if i want to see it as well ..might be that crap...lol)

india ke? so my last line wuda been

"there and then
i wuda known that like a curry
ill never make gus worry
and ill be dia
for him like india"

lol Myne Gibraltar works better (teasing thnks a bunch for the comment)

ill send u a mail in a bit about an idea xx